Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Longhouse view during Gawai celebrations in end of may and first june every year .

I'm share with all who follow my blog pages about my viewing in longhouse. This part of longhouse we call it "ruai". Ruai was similar with hall. All activity will be held in this ruai. For example celebrate Gawai, wedding, death and more. For Iban race ruai is very important part in longhouse. In this ruai, the community in longhouse sharing about everything they have do or  their experience. For kids this place same like play ground for them. In longhouse every family have own room. In my longhouse we have 25 door. That mean 25 family live in my longhouse. During Gawai celebrations all family member will returns to their home towns to meet their family. Longhouse atmosphere will be lively with a  foreigner's return to the village. I was very proud to be Iban races although in the past people used to call as pirates. Also my race popular with the headhunters. I do not deny that my ancestors are headhunters because all people around the world know us with headhunters. But in my longhouse i didn't see the head be headed by the warrior of the previous. Once again i would like to say, proud to be Iban.    

No comments:

Post a Comment